Creating a Platform for Global Self-Service at Speed
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of products and systems for use in respiratory care, acute care surgery, and the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea. The business is also one of New Zealand’s largest exporters.
As a truly international organisation at the forefront of the fight against COVID-19, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare required a web application framework that would allow it to rapidly build and deploy new Single Page Applications with its own microservices, without having to recreate all the supporting infrastructure each time.
Working closely with the Fisher & Paykel Healthcare as a trusted technology partner, we:
- Created an authentication and identity service that delivered Single Sign-On for customers and health professionals.
- Delivered a digital asset management service that allowed all applications to store assets, images, and other resource files in a consistent way.
- Helped ensure localisation by supporting users in different languages.
- Provided a consistent, world-class search experience for all applications.
- Abstracted content away from the application and provided product and marketing teams at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare with the ability to make changes through a CMS.
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare was able to respond to changing business requirements and deliver new applications faster than ever before - all while maintaining a consistent Human Experience for customers.
- Single Page Applications were able to be built at speed for various business groups within Fisher & Paykel Healthcare as the complexities surrounding identity and Single Sign-On, Localisation, Search, Resource Management, and Content Management were resolved by having it built into the business' framework.
- Apolinar and Fisher & Paykel Healthcare’s solution was rigorously put to the test with the COVID-19 Pandemic creating unprecedented demand for the company’s products, and healthcare customers demanding digital ways to engage with them.